What is the Australian Competition Registration System?
It is a result of input from Comp Organizers Benn Kovco, Gavin Zahner and Matt Rosser (Bright Open and Canungra Cup). Approximately 15 competitions have been run using this system.
It is a centralized competition registration system that has many tools and features to help competition organizers run a competition. It also saves comp pilots time because they can register for the major comps with one visit, and only need to type in their details once, not once for each comp.
This tool can be "bolted on" to an existing website or it can function as a stand alone site. It is free.
Features for Comp Organizers:
- Centralized registration system - Secure Online Database holds all Pilot details
- Registration form ensures required pilot info is accurate
- Ability to export fields that FS scoring software needs to create it's database.
- XML or CSV export of data
- Admins can select columns and sort by columns, (create reports, lists, etc).
- Send emails to pilots based on criterion such as paid or not paid, or send email to all pilots.
- Mark pilots as paid. De-register pilots. UnPay pilots.
- Registration Night - registering pilots can use a laptop to register or verify details are accurate.
- Or, Print check-in forms from the database on registration night.
Features for Pilots:
- Pilots enter their details only once, not once for each comp they fly in.
- Pilots can register for multiple comps simultaneously.
- Pilots can register (or deregister) for comps anytime during the year.
- Pilots can update their own details.
- Simple password retrieval system for forgotten passwords.
I am an Organizer and want to use the System
If you would like to use the system for running a competition in Australia, first register yourself and then Contact Brett Hardin to get an administrator password.
The software is all web-based and opensource: mysql database and PHP written by Brett Hardin. Hosted at godaddy.com
Benn Kovco for donating funds for the domain name and hosting, for the idea, and for testing. Gavin Zahner for feedback, testing and "dood" energy, and Steve Roti for reviewing the table design.